Wednesday 5 August 2015

Gorgeous Grunge meets Watercolor Wings - JAI#273


Hi everyone wanted to join in at Just Add Ink # 273 this week as they have a great colour combo to get us started with and here it is:
Love the colours but not sure if I have any smoky slate cardstock but I do have the ink.
I was thinking butterflies done in the first three colours with a Crumb Cake as my main card base.


Here is my card



Used Crumbcake as my base card, then whisper white cardstock and rounded the corners on the right side only. 
Then used the Gorgeous Grunge and did some stripes in smokey slate and the butterflies from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar in the same.
Then did some fine splotches in Bermuda Bay  and Blackberry Bliss.
The main butterfly used the smokey slate stamped off once, then Blackberry Bliss on the edge and lastly the Bermuda Bay.
Cut out the Butterfly and then stamped the body in Smokey Slate which is  impossible to see as I covered it in rhinestones!



Tip when using the Watercolor Wings with the Bold Butterfly Framelits:
Stamp the Butterfly in two or three colours then cut out with the framelit.
It is easier then to see where to stamp the body of the butterfly as you have the shape there for you to see.


Thank you for stopping by

Maree.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely - they look to me like they are flying in the rain. Love this stamp set. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete